Last Wednesday it was announced that the Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor super fight was officially on. UFC President Dana White came on SportsCenter pretty much immediately after the fight was officially announced and gave us the details. White divulged to us the date August 26th, the location Las Vegas, the weight 154 lbs, the weight of the gloves 10 ounces, the rounds 12, and the venue T-Mobile Arena. There is just one problem that we have recently found out. Apparently the T-Mobile Arena is already booked for August 26th. This is probably why initially when this fight was announced it said it would take place at the MGM Grand instead of the T-Mobile Arena. So there appears like there still is a road block to this fight. And it is one man that stands in the way of the Mayweather/McGregor fight. And his name is Ice Cube. Because Ice Cube had already booked the T-Mobile Arena for the championship of his new BIG3 3-on-3 basketball league. And according to this tweet, it doesn’t look like he is moving the event.
— BIG3 (@thebig3) June 17, 2017
According to TMZ Sports, Ice Cube said that he will give up the T-Mobile Arena only if the price is right. Here is Ice Cube addressing the issue on FS1’s show Undisputed yesterday.
It’s almost like Ice Cube had some inside information and knew that the Mayweather/McGregor fight was going to happen on August 26th so he booked the T-Mobile Arena for that date so that they would have to pay him a substantial amount of money to give it up. You have to give Ice Cube credit though. He saw an opportunity and he took advantage of it. Let’s just all hope that the parties involved can work out their differences so that we don’t have anything standing in the way of this fight. Cause I think we all can agree that this is one fight that everyone is wanting to see.